When life gives you lemons, make lemonade

Monday, 11 April 2016

Strength for days

You are a strong girl, you will be fine!
He had said these words and walked away.
He had no idea what impact they would have on me way after he said them.
Yes! He had broken my spirit with these words. He'd torn so clumsily a piece of me that I'd never get back.
He had taken the warmth from the cuddly part of my heart and thrown it in hell fire.
Perhaps I misunderstood his gestures. When he held my hand and squeezed hard! Was he saying he needed me or he wanted me?
When he whispered sweet nothing's in my ears I couldn't tell if he was politely telling me to zip up my pants I'd maybe forgotten to fix when I left home.
Or was he was trying to flirt with me?
But then again the slight teasing of the wind made me break out in a song and feel like a romantic Disney princess.
Maybe I imagined our whole relationship! Maybe Mr. Man was in my head!
But how could a touch so real be so unreal? Could it be? Was I real? Was he real? Was I sleeping through this all?

No comments:

Post a Comment