When life gives you lemons, make lemonade

Wednesday, 30 March 2016

Heart of glass : my first love


Sometimes we live to hurt even if it hurts to leave....
The situation that puts your head in the blender and crushes it like soft ice.
Maybe once I was capable of falling in love. Heck I thought I was in love so deep
My neck would break and I wouldn't sleep
Until my days passed slowly and swiftly
Into my wrinkly state where I'd watch you
By the side of my eye as we then white haired folks
Drew nearer to our Lord.

Was I in love then?
Was my fairytale story scraped off by the mere act of lack of gratitude?
Were the gods so merciless
That they wrote a story so brutal yet so perfect Of a heart meant to melt slowly
from youthfulness to old age?

I always wondered if I was cursed.
Girls fall in love once.
Maybe my once had come and gone.
There was a time I couldn't breathe...oh I was intoxicated with love so lethal my lungs threatened to leave my body
My heart had swollen in the most unimaginable ways yet managed to stay intact in my chest.
Ah yes! We were young. It was impetuous.
It was reckless. It was oh so good.
I loved him? Did he love me?
I adored him, he dotted on me!
Burning, passionate and extremely insane.
It withered so fast I thought I'd die.
Perhaps the flame we ignited was too strong
After it was done, it stung to touch, see and think

1 comment:

  1. I contact Dr.Agbazara when i had of him and This was even faster than I could dream of. Thank you for taking time to listen to me and answering all my emails Dr.Agbazara. I feel emotional strong again. My confidence is back and I can see my future clearly now. I am forever grateful for your help in re-uniting me with my lover who divorced and left me years ago for another woman. you will see for your self what am saying when you contact this great spell caster called Dr.Agbazara on for any help at: ( agbazara@gmail.com ) OR call or add on WHATSAPP: +2348104102662 ) and get your problems solved.

    ReplyDelete